Monday, February 05, 2007

I said "yes" to what?!?

First of all, thank you to everyone who has recommended a stitch book. I will be checking them out to see what I want to get the next time I'm allowed in a bookstore.

***********************

I agreed to take a commission for a couple of cross stitch pieces from GhostStitchers last Thursday. Of course I got home that night, looked at the calendar and kicked myself. The first of the month! I'm inundated with reports due at work, working 9+ hours a day to get them done (the load slackens off around the 20th of the month), plus my medical problems of late, and the children. Did I forget my husband in there somewhere?

This is not anything new though. I have a tendency to "overload" myself with work, not necessarily to see how much I can take, but because, I know it all works out in the end. It drives my husband to distraction too, but he is an organized list person, who doesn't like deviating from the path ~HE~ has set.

Me? I ~LIKE~ the path less traveled!

Gets me home from work quicker too.

3 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Me too! It will all work out...plus I always work better under pressure...I bet you do too!
:)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Lisa. Good luck with the new projects. I hope you can manage your schedule without a problem. Moms are really great in multi-tasking. It's a talent. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. My son also likes the Red Power Ranger. I got the costume in time for Halloween last year and they ran out of red so I got the blue. I hope I can get him a red one next time.

Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care!

Meari said...

Good luck with all your projects, Lisa.