Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A loss of family

I have not written for several days now, the main one being my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago and the doctors gave her 6 months to live. She is stubborn and she lived a year beyond what the doctors said she would. For the last several months, she had a viral infection that caused her lungs to fill with fluid. Friday she checked herself into a hospital. The doctors were trying to drain the fluid and make her as comfortable as possible, but she took a turn for the worse Saturday night. She died Sunday afternoon, joining our ancestors, and no longer suffers.

Between this and getting things ready at work for next week, I won't be posting anymore this week. Expect better tiding next week as I blog about my week in Myrtle Beach, SC.

3 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your MIL, but WOW, what wonderful attitude she had!!

Meari said...

My condolences to you and DH's family...

Barb said...

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. Enjoy your time at Myrtle Beach!