Now as to whether I'll get rest, i don't know. We head out of town Saturday morning to visit my sister. Have I mentioned she's 6 months pregnant? If she'll let me, I'll get pictures so you can see how great she's looking. But don't hold your breath. To say she's been emotional is the biggest understatement in the world. Luckily, since I've been pregnant before, and emotional too (although not like that!), I'm about the only one who's allowed to laugh, when she's around, at the things that set her off crying.
For example, it's family tradition to make a certain type of cookie at my mom's house. The cookie has a VERY stiff dough, so stiff that my mom buys a new hand mixer every year, because the motor burns out just by making the cookies. My sister decided to help out and mix up a batch while my mom was out, and the hand mixer broke. As usual. However, I got the call afterwards from my sister crying because she broke it. And her asking me why she is even crying over something so stupid. After I stopped laughing and picked myself up off the floor, I reminded her that she was pregnant, and to blame the guy who got her that way and mom for getting cheap $10 mixers that break every year. My sister consoled herself with the cookie dough. Mom got an early Christmas present from my step-dad, after he heard the story (how could I not share it), an semi-expensive Kitchen-Aid mixer; which we almost burnt out the motor making the same cookies.
We're going to go see my sister this weekend because she want a niece and nephew fix.
Then the following weekend, my step-sister is getting married. My daughter and I are bridesmaids. have i mentioned she's 5 months pregnant? She and her hubby are already married (common-law status rocks in Texas), they are just doing the official paperwork, and she REALLY wanted a ceremony to make it official. She's put together everything in less than 3 weeks, and so far the tab is under $2000. Not bad! During the week, next week, I'll be doing lots of the craft stuff that's needed. There will definitely be pictures. I look GOOD in the dress. It makes me look thinner for some reason.
Quick side note: Hubby just called me at work to tell me that the Internet at the house is dead, either from an area outage or the modem is broken, and since he can't work he has swept the garage and kitchen. And he may be doing some more cleaning. And did I have anything that I wanted cleaned. And he was done reading a book that I want to read. And....(Can you tell he was bored?)
Meari was nice enough to tag me for the 7 Things meme.
Here are the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules.
You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!
- I'm the white sheep of the family, in the way of coloring. Mom, one brother, and my sister have brown hair/brown eyes and dark complexion. Dad has black hair/blue eyes and dark complexion. The other brother has brown hair/green eyes and dark complexion. I have blond hair (although it get darker as get older) and blue/green eyes and burn in the sun in under 30 minutes flat.
- Those blue/green eyes of mine. they are not hazel. They are chameleon eyes, apparently inherited from grandma. Depending on my mood, my eyes change color from every shade of green to every shade of blue. When my eyes turn a certain shade of green, hubby starts dancing around the house.
- I have never known what I wanted to be when I grew up. I always hated those assignments in Elementary school. I usually just chose something random, and it changed every year.
- My favorite birthday present ever was when my mom would take me to a book store and tell me that she'll let me know when to stop. I always walked out with at least 5 bags of books. And I had all of them read by the end of summer vacation. (My birthday is at the beginning of summer vacation.)
- Out of all household chores, I dislike doing the dishes the most. But I love cooking!
- Def Leppard is my favorite band of all time. I've bought some of their albums several times because I wore them out; records, then tapes, and a couple of the CDs. (Yes, i have worn out a CD)
- In my 20 years of driving, I have owned 3 cars; and all made it past the 10 years mark before had to be replaced. Well the first two were totaled in car accidents. The third one has 150,000ish miles on it and is still going.