Friday, September 22, 2006

Oops, forgot about the cholesterol...

Thank you Meari for reminding me I was going to look up those numbers. So, to show you how far I've come in nine months...

Beginning of January 2006:
Total Cholesterol - 365
Triglycerides - 452
HDL (good) - 44
LDL (bad) - triglycerides were so high, the machine couldn't calculate this

September 1, 2006
:
Total Cholesterol - 171
Triglycerides - 142
HDL (good) - 43
LDL (bad) - 100

Medication was needed to bring these down, because I have a family history of high cholesterol (my brother's has been high since High School). However, I started exercising and we (hubby and I) completely changed out diet. The hardest part, though, was teaching myself to stop eating when I was full, even if there was still food on my plate.

So I continue the meds until the next visit in 5 months, and if my numbers are still good or better, I'll get to start weaning from the meds. Unless I get pregnant, then I quit the meds immediately.

1 comment:

vicoprofen said...

I'm totally agreed with you
And the information that I found in this page
was so informative and precise.
I'd like to iviting you to visit
my page.
We are pharmacy online, and you maybe
can recommend us to people does need it or if you want any information about treatments, medicines, and presciptions or online prescriptions
can contact us.
10/325- Vicoprofen - Lortab- Tylenol
#3
- zyban
All Major Medications are available right here at: http://www.crdrx.com