Monday, August 07, 2006

Losing loved ones...

Over the past couple of weeks, many of my friends and acquaintances have either lost family members or are close to losing them (from sickness). The worst part for me is offering words of comfort. It's not that I don't have any to give, but the words that do come out of my mouth (either in person or in writing) sound trite and insincere to me.
Why?
Because I know nothing I say or do will ever make it better or easier to bear. I know this because I have been there and there is nothing in this world that will ever make losing my grandparents easier; not time (it's been 28 years), not if the man who murdered them apologized for his incompetence.

I've been able to forgive every other wrong doing in my life, but that. My daughter asked me what I would do if I ever met that man face to face; what would I say to him. I told her that I wouldn't be able to say a thing. I would either have to walk away, or someone would have to stop me from hurting him.

So to everyone I know who is suffering from losing family members or have family who is dying, please know that my heart and thoughts are with you, even though I can not say so out loud.

No comments: