Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What's in your wallet? Errr...Garage

Last night, at my bed time, my husband starts yelling for me from the garage. I'm assuming he (or one of the kids have locked him out of the house when he went out to smoke. So I start yelling back at him, teasing, but he yells back that his hands are full and open the door. SO I do, I have have this little furry butt pointed at me, and hubby asking "Is this a hamster or gerbil?". (It's a hamster by the way)

It turns out he was sitting out there smoking and reading (best place to keep warm and dry, he has it setup with a heater in the winter and fan in the summer) and out of the corner of his eye he saw a little tan furry thing squeeze its way under the garage door. I'm thinking someone lost a hamster, and by chance we still have supplies in the house for it (cage, bedding...FOOD). As the cage needed to be cleaned out, we made a temporary cage. Also the furball looked on the thin side (and cold), so I got it a bowl of food. It then proceeded to put half of the food in its cheeks. When it was done, it looked like a cobra about to strike! ROTFLMAO

I'm assuming it has escaped from someone, so we're putting up signs to see if the owner comes forward. If not, looks like we have a new pet for Christmas. My daughter is ecstatic! I'll post a picture when we officially claim it. I haven't even checked to see if it's a girl or boy.

1 comment:

Meari said...

LOL, furry butt pointed at you! That's really nice you're taking care of it. Animal lovers... ahh... gotta love 'em. :D